Friday, November 07, 2008

Obama und ein amerikanischer Expat in Deutschland

Manche meinen, es spiele keine Rolle wer in Washington regiert. Ich denke da anders. Stellvertretend Andrew Hammel, ein Amerikaner, der in Deutschland doziert und hier begründet, dass er froh ist, dass die letzten acht Jahre nun Geschichte sind:

Worst of all, though, was the knowledge that while I was teaching my students about fundamental American constitutional principles -- separation of powers, fair-trial rights, the ban on cruel and unusual punishment -- the Bush Administration was blatantly violating them. I could only sit by and watch in impotent rage as the sinister buffoons running America thoughtlessly desecrated one of the world's great constitutional traditions. I felt humiliated in front of my own students.

Hier der ganze Post.

No comments: